The Bik Bok Runway Award is an endorsement of young, talented designers. Bik Bok, a vital member of Norway’s largest fashion company, will grant five young designers the opportunity to showcase at Oslo Runway. As a recognition of young talents’ hard work and craft, Bik Bok wants to encourage new designers to pursue a career in fashion and support new prospects within the Norwegian arena.
Bik Bok Runway Award Application requirements:
Requirements to apply:
– Must be Norwegian nationals based anywhere, or of any nationality based in Norway.
– Have created a collection that they can showcase.
– Have no investor/ financial partner.
In addition, they must fulfill at least one of the following requirements:
– Received national or international media coverage
– Held shows or presentations
– Have designs ready for production
– Have designs available for purchase in stores or online
– Education in fashion/design
– Work experience for an established designer
How the winner is chosen:
A nomination jury will select the five finalists that will showcase their collection in the BBRA show at OSLRW AW19.
The five finalistst will present their collections to a second jury, the winner jury, prior to the show where they will select the winner.
The winner will be announced straigt after the showcase.
The winner will receive:
– A prize of 100,000 NOK, which may be used to create a new collection or production of existing designs.
– A full show of the designer’s new collection, hosted by Oslo Runway, in February 2019.
– An offer of a mentorship from Bik Bok in their desired field.
The application must include:
– Curriculum vitae with contact information.
– A letter of motivation for Bik Bok Runway Award. (In english, no more than one A4 page).
– Images of a previous collection, in addition, and optional; work in progress. Look book images is preferred.
Collate your application into a single PDF (no more than five pages), use your name as the file name and send the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org